Testing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Baldi's Editing Service
A Wolf Among Sheep  EmptyMon Nov 16, 2020 4:52 pm by Baldirak

» Takeo Takeuchi (Battletech Character)
A Wolf Among Sheep  EmptyThu Aug 13, 2020 6:48 pm by Baldirak

» Sangha Kaatapoh (Final Fantasy Character)
A Wolf Among Sheep  EmptyTue Mar 24, 2020 3:27 am by Baldirak

» Aurora Twilight (final fantasy character) WIP
A Wolf Among Sheep  EmptyTue Mar 24, 2020 1:08 am by Astral

» Tenebris Augustus Wyrmfire, the Viscount
A Wolf Among Sheep  EmptySun Oct 20, 2019 10:17 pm by Tenebris

» The city of Draconis
A Wolf Among Sheep  EmptySun Oct 20, 2019 9:06 pm by Tenebris

» Kage - Fallen Angel of Greed
A Wolf Among Sheep  EmptyMon Aug 12, 2019 1:48 am by Krest

» Things for Astral to do
A Wolf Among Sheep  EmptyThu May 30, 2019 2:32 pm by Baldirak

» Things for admins to do
A Wolf Among Sheep  EmptySun Apr 14, 2019 7:00 pm by Baldirak

Affiliates

Our Button:

RPG-D

Our Affiliates Button:

RPG-D
Color Guide

Green = Normal

Red = Rules or Site Information. Iota Races

Blue = Lore, official plots, or history making RP topics. Megalo Races

A Wolf Among Sheep

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

A Wolf Among Sheep  Empty A Wolf Among Sheep

Post by Astral Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:32 pm

Astral took a casual walk through the dark alleyways that made up Kakos. Her cloak hid her black scaly hide and her had was pointed down so her hood covered her eyes. Astral didn't need to see where she was going. Her sense of smell and her sensitive hearing gave her a perfect picture of the place in her head.

She was told that this was a place for people like herself; Mysterious and unfriendly. Astral hoped someone here would have an answer to her question. She figured it unlikely though. It was hard to communicate with the bipedal races of Tedranog. As soon as someone discovered her dragon heritage everyone around would either run away in fear or try to kill her. The most dangerous were those races that had an excellent sense of smell and recognizes the scent of a dragon. It happens rarely but occasionally some good smelling race survives an encounter with a dragon and freaks out when they smell Astral. Astral had memorized the scent of the races that could smell her and only a couple were here so she considered herself safe.

Astral walked into a nearby tavern and sat at a table in the corner. She listened to all the conversations that went on for any hint to an answer to Astral's question. Then someone walked into the tavern. It was a human but it didn't smell like most the other humans. There was something different about it but Astral didn't know what. Whatever it was she had never smelt if before.
Astral
Astral
Admin

https://tedranog.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

A Wolf Among Sheep  Empty Re: A Wolf Among Sheep

Post by Spellslayer Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:42 pm

Dracul had been many places in his constant wanderings, but Kakos was by far the most...colorful. His werewolf senses, particularly his sense of smell, told him this was a city eaten up with corruption. Surly if there were any people in dire need of his guidance, it was Kakos.

Pulling his robes up tightly around him and straitening the hood which hid his features, he entered a nearby tavern, a dimly lit little hole-in-the-wall, when he detected a familiar odor. One he had not sensed in many a year.
Spellslayer
Spellslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Astral Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:06 pm

Astral had to see the man since her sense of smell was not serving her vary well. She quickly looked up her dragon eyes visible for a moment before she put her head back down. The man who walked in wore a hood which covered his face. He also had a staff with a skull on top and many other trinkets were on him. No gems though thankfully. Astral could hardly resist the sight of gem stones and crystals.

Anyone with a hood had something to hide and someone with stuff to hide always perks curiosity. Astral tuned out the other distraction and focused only on what the strange smelling man was doing. If his actions didn't tell her anything she would have no choice but to strike up a conversation.
Astral
Astral
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Spellslayer Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:59 am

Dracul stepped calmly into the tavern, his nostrils instantly filling with the smell of molded food and bad ale. The place was dimly lit, its decor nonexistent. A bard in the corner strummed a soft tune upon his lute, and what few patrons there were spoke only in hushed whispers. This seedy den was quite clearly a gathering place for thugs, lowlifes, and those who did not wish to be found.

He did not sit at the table with others already there. Rather, he tossed a few coppers at the barman for a pint of bitters and took a seat in the gloom, at a table in the far corner opposite a cloaked woman who could not seem to take her eyes off him. When a buxom young waitress brought him his drink, he thanked her in a low growl "Thank you, my dear." and gave her a pinch on her bum for good measure, causing her giggle and blush as she walked away.

He took a large gulp of his bitters, allowing the foul tasting drink to wash over his gums and down his throat. He noticed the cloaked woman was still staring at him, and it was then that he realized the strangely familiar scent he'd detected was emanating from her! Then, suddenly, he remembered what it was...dragon mixed with human. So, the woman was a half-dragon, a most unpredictable breed. In Dracul's experience, their kind, so shunned by society as they were, tended to harbor feelings of vengeance in their heart and never missed an opportunity for mischief.

He recalled one young half-breed he'd known many seasons past. That one had proven to be quite the cutpurse, and had stolen a magic gem stone quite valuable to the young wizard. Dracul could still remember the taste of the boy's flesh, as he'd allowed the wolf to literally eat his heart out. A decision which haunted him to this very day. With that in mind, it would seem he would have to keep his eyes on this new one now before him.
Spellslayer
Spellslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Astral Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:21 pm

Astral was unable to tell anything through observation of his conversation and she wasn't willing to risk looking at him with her own eyes. Astral recognized every single smell in the room and she knew what they all meant, all except that mans smell and it was driving her nuts. She was going to go out of her way to find out what it was. Astral stood up from her seating and causally walked to the place the man sat. She carefully avoided all the chairs, without her tail to help keep her balanced she could easily fall over.

Once Astral reached him she sat down on the other side of the table. Still not looking up she began speaking. "Its not healthy to sit alone especially in this dull place. My names Astral whats yours." She asked in a friendly manner. Her curiosity was over ruling her hate.
Astral
Astral
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Spellslayer Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:37 pm

Dracul was quite at first unsure how to respond. He had expected the half-breed to be bold, it was a trait common to her race. However, with the memories of his last encounter with dragonspawn fresh in his mind, he could not help but hold her motives in question. Still, it would not do to be rude. Perhaps leading this child to the light would be a enough to redeem himself for the of murder of the half-breed boy so long ago.

"Well met, Darlin'." He replied softly. "I am Dracul, a wanderer and a seeker..." He flashed a wry grin from under the shadows of his hood.  "...Much like yourself, I suspect."
Spellslayer
Spellslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Astral Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:49 pm

Astral thought nothing of his last comment. It wasn't hard to guess that a hooded figure that is rarely seen in the same village twice would be a wondered seeking something. Now that Astral broke the ice and found the man easy to talk with she didn't know how to continue. She decided to be a little more up front with her curiosity. "What are you?" Astral asked. "You don't seem like other humans." She added in hoping he would just say human. She also hoped he didn't ask what she was. Conversation was not one of her strong points and it happened so rarely she never thought what her answer would be if someone asked that question to her.
Astral
Astral
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Spellslayer Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:55 pm

"What am I?" Dracul gave a light chuckle. "Oh, but your are a bold one, aren't you sweetling?" He laughed again. "What do think I am? You have the scent of a dragon about you, my dear. Surely your Draconic senses can smell me as well, human but also slightly...Lupine?"
Spellslayer
Spellslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Astral Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:29 pm

Astral eyes opened wide and she lifted her head to stare into Dracul's. Her own eyes were burning with an distinguishable mix of emotions. She under stood what he meant now. He was a werewolf which would explain her confusing she never actually met one before. She didn't know if she hated him or not now. There were more important matters at hand right now though. "Tell anyone and I'll rip your throat out." She warned. "How long have you know and why are you so calm about it?"
Astral
Astral
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Spellslayer Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:52 pm

“‘Ere now, have a care who you threaten, Girlie…” He said as he laid a naked hand on the table, his nails momentarily elongating into razor sharp claws that gleamed in the candlelight. “…I could easily rip through them pretty scales like they was paper.” His voice had suddenly become a threatening growl, low and guttural, his eyes glowing yellow pinpricks shimmering from beneath the shadows of his hood.

Then, just like that, he was human again and was flashing her a wolfish grin. “’Course that fire o’ yours might give me pause for thought.” He said jokingly, slipping a black glove over his exposed hand and taking a pull from his mug.

“As for me knowin’ what you are, I caught your scent the moment I set foot in this bar. I didn’t say as such, ‘cause I be knowin’ also how sensitive your type can be regarding such matters. But now, don’t you fret none, Dearie. Your secret is safe with me; assuming you keep quiet about mine. ” He took another pull from his mug. “I’d wager o’ the two o’ us, this lot would be more like string me up than they would the likes o’ you.”

He turned up of his mug and chugged the remainder of his drink, slamming it down on the table with a loud thud. “Now then, Girlie…” He said, wiping his mouth on his sleeve. “…I’ve a question for thee: Why should you prod lonely travelers regarding the nature of their race? It seems to me a might bit queer that you should judge, considering…” He allowed that last statement to trail off, assuming she would catch his drift.
Spellslayer
Spellslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Astral Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:43 pm

[OOC:Oh my gosh. I love your new character.]

"Believe me fire would be the least of your worries." Astral growled back. She didn't like being threatened and his claws meant nothing to her. If she wasn't worried about making her presence know she would have tore him up by now. She silently agreed to keep his secret. Even if this guy was good at angering her.

Astral thought it peculiar the man thought he would be the more hunted. "Did you do something specifically to these people because its hard to find a family who hasn't had a loved one killed by my kind." Astral was curious as to what he could have done that was so bad.

Astral wasn't very offended by his last question. She was a little defensive though. "I just didn't recognize your scent." She responded. "So whats a wanted man like yourself doing here?" Astral asked not bothering to tell him why she was here.

Astral didn't hate this guy he wasn't like most humans. He understood her anger or at least she thought he did. Either way he was not hostile towards her.
Astral
Astral
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Spellslayer Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:09 am

[OOC: Thanks, I really put a lot of work into him. You should check out my newest one, Dumah Magebane. And you should probably look at the update I've made to Dracul.]

"Wanted?" Dracul replied, raising a hand to signal for another pint. "Who says I'm wanted for anything? I was merely referring to the fact that most folk tend to ignore all other threats, once they realize there's a wolf in their midst."

The waitress brought him his drink and he slipped a few coppers into her palm, giving her a nod in thanks.

He took a sip of his ale.

"Although..." he said quietly. "...there is a small matter regarding a boy, a half-breed like yourself. He were a thief, a grabby little bugger. He stole somethin' o' mine, somethin' I held very dear..." He seemed a little sad for a moment. "I killed him for it, or rather, the wolf killed him. Tore his heart right from his chest."

He took another drink.

"Now given..." He continued. "...most folk don't give a twit what happens to lads o' his breed, your breed I mean. Trouble was, he weren't no ordinary cutpurse. He were a footpad for one o' the local thieves guilds around here, worked for a man named Cornelius Stone...er...I..that is to say...I think it were Stone. That's the whole reason why I've come here, to repay Mister Stone for the death o' his lackey. And, o' course, to see about gettin' my gem back."
Spellslayer
Spellslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Astral Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:12 pm

Astral was exited about the idea of another half dragon. They were so rare and for the longest time Astral thought she was the only one. But now she knew there was another. Her excitement quickly faded when she heard of his demise. Astral was silent for a time. She was struggling with being angry at him and wanting to tear him up while also understanding he had every right. Dragons didn't not belong on Megalo and anything the happened to them was their own fault. Astral couldn't believe the other part. Dracule told her. A half dragon working for humans was unthinkable. Perhaps he was raised by his human side Astral thought. She had never considered the possibility before. She just figure any of her own race would share her same ideals. Then another thought crossed her mind. How on earth did he kill him. She figured he must have wanted to die as that was the only explanation. After her silence was over Astral said only one thing. "You going to kill me too?" She asked him.
Astral
Astral
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Spellslayer Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:50 pm

"Of course not!" Dracul replied, suddenly angry. "Killing that boy was a rash action, one that I regret to this day!"

He suddenly felt the beast stir within him and shut his eyes tight, taking several deep breaths to calm himself.

"Look..." He said slowly. "...I only killed the lad 'cause he stole a magic gem given to me by my mentor."

"With you, though..." he said smiling sympathetically. "...I only want to help you, Girlie. I smell the hate in you, the raw anger. You've been cursed, you've been hated, you've been mistreated by those that do not understand you. I understand, 'cause I've suffered much the same. We're not so very different, you and I. 'Cept I've accepted my differences, my curse and my blessing. Where as you seem...uncomfortable with your own, and you lash out at any who dares to point them out to you. Dose anything I'm sayin' make sense to you?"
Spellslayer
Spellslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Astral Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:25 pm

Astral glared at Dracul as he spoke. After he finished she had her answer ready. "Your half right. I'm angry because there is still human left in me. If you want to help me then fine. You can help me by telling me how to get rid of the human in me." Astral replied bitterly. She also considered his last question and insult to her inteligance but she decided not to bring up especially if this guy might know a way for her to finally rid herself of her human heritage. Though Dracul had told her why he wanted to help her she still didn't understand. "Why do you want to help me." She asked.
Astral
Astral
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Spellslayer Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:36 pm

"I had an opportunity to help one of your kind before and I failed." He replied. "I allowed the wolf to eat him over something as petty as simple pick-pocketing. In you I see a chance to redeem myself."

He paused to take a sip of his ale.

"Now to answer your question: No, I'm not aware of any means to rid yourself of your human heritage, and, if you'll allow me to say, I don't think you should. Your humanity does you more credit than you realize, but if it is truly your desire to be rid of it, I will help you find a way."

He chugged the remainder of his drink, then stood, taking his staff in his hand, and started toward the door.
Spellslayer
Spellslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Astral Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:45 pm

Though he didn't like the idea he still agreed to help her which surprised Astral. After Dracul finished his drink he got up and left. Astral got up and followed him out the door. "I think we should split up. If you find what I'm looking well then there can't be too many completely hooded figures now can there?" With that Astral left to continue her journey.
Astral
Astral
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiningwater Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:26 am

[Hooray for sudden entrances!]

Luna narrowed her eyes from where she leaned against a building. She had heard much of the conversation, and it peaked her interest. Not only the conversation, but the fact that two hooded figures exited, and neither smelled human. In fact, one smelled like herself. The female. the other, however, he took longer. But she had dealt with enough wolves to know. She began to follow the female, curious if her nose was correct.
Shiningwater
Shiningwater

Back to top Go down

Post by Spellslayer Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:43 am

Dracul started down the crowded street, doing his dead-level best not to be recognized. Passing by a dark alleyway, he heard a man shout to him: "Hey you! Red Robe! Come 'ere a second!" Not liking where this might be heading, braced himself and approached the shifty little man.

"What is it?" He asked as politely as he dared. "Do you 'ave some business with me?"

The man nodded, grinning ear to ear.

"Indeed I do, mate." The little man replied. "I 'ear tale you and I share a common acquaintance, I'm 'ere to see you to 'im."

"Cornelius Stone?" Dracul said, surprised to have found him so soon. "Do you know where I can find 'im?"

"That we do." He heard a gruff voice say from behind, seconds before he was struck over the head with something very blunt and very hard.

As he fell to knees and his vision began to blur, he heard the voice laugh and say "Welcome back to Kakos, Red Mage."

Then everything went black.
Spellslayer
Spellslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Astral Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:21 am

Astral was on her way to leave this city and move on to the next in her quest when the wind shifted and she smelt something familiar. It smelled similar to her own smell. From under her hood Astral's eye opened wide. "It couldn't be." She told herself. Astral spun around to face the direction of the smell. She lifted her head and gazed in the direction. Here dragon eyes were now visable to all but if the person she was smelled had dragon eyes themselves then even in this dimly lit city she would be able to see Astral's scaly face. "This can't be." Astral said aloud.
Astral
Astral
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiningwater Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:28 am

Luna grinned. She could see the eyes of this hooded figure. Dragon. Luna dared to lift the tip of her hood, exposing her long snout and green eyes. When she was certain the other half-dragon had seen it, she put her hood down again.
She whipped her head around as a dull thunk sounded from an ally not far from here. She narrowed her eyes, turning back to the half-dragon. She beckoned, her dragon hand poking out from under her cloak for a moment. She then turned and ran in the direction of the sound. She skidded to a stop in front of a few men. One seemed to be unconscious, the others were laughing. One held a wood plank. "Hey." She growled. Her hands started glowing blue. They could not bee seen, as they were under her cloak, but it was a sign that she was ready to use her powers. "What business did you have with this man?' Her voice was low and gravely, she was getting angry.
Shiningwater
Shiningwater

Back to top Go down

Post by Spellslayer Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:43 am

The men stopped their revelry and turned on the intruder, their leader smirking when her saw her.

"Lookie here, boys!" the large man exclaimed. "Looks like we got ourselves a party!"

"Um..." said the smaller man. "I dunno boss, Mr. S said to get this one to Dougle as soon as we bopped 'im."

"Nonsense..." said the leader, coming close to Luna to stroke her cloaked shoulder. "The girlie here wants to have some fun. Don't you, lass?"
Spellslayer
Spellslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiningwater Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:54 am

A snarl crossed Luna's face when the man touched her shoulder. Not that anyone could see it. The hood was large enough to cover her dragon muzzle. She slapped his hand off her shoulder, her hand moving fast enough that they couldn't see her dragon hand. "That depends." Her voice a low hiss. "Do you?" Behind the men, a lantern toppled without reason, glass exploding everywhere. The flame went out quickly. Luna's powers had found something to play with. A cruel grin spread across her face. But she stayed where she was, undaunted by the lantern's fall.
Shiningwater
Shiningwater

Back to top Go down

Post by Spellslayer Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:02 pm

Slightly unnerved by the falling lantern, yet undeterred from his game, the large man started to laugh before saying:

"Oh now, c'mon love." he slipped his hand under her hood to stoke her cheek. "Don't be like that."

He snapped his hand back as soon as he felt the rough scales of her snout. He eyes narrowed and he back away slowly, making ready his club as though he meant to strike her.

"What are you?" He asked roughly, his voice a low growl.
Spellslayer
Spellslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Astral Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:12 pm

Astral saw the snout and eyes of the fellow half dragon. She was ecstatic. Half dragons were so incredibly rare Astral was very happy to see another of her own kind. The happiness turned to annoyance when she turned to go investigate some disturbance. What possible petty struggle of the creatures of this land could be more important than two half dragons meeting for the first time.

Astral cast off her cloak and tied it around her waist. She had a feeling a fight was about to break out and since Astral was suppose to be done with this city anyways she had no issue showing her true form. Especially because she was about to leave.

Stretching out her wings Astral took of into the air and saw that a filthy human had stuck his hand on Luna. Nobody sticks a hand on Astral's fellow kin. Dropping from the sky Astral dropped right on top of the man crushing his spine and killing him. Her full dragon like form was visible to all. The wings, the tail, the ears , the claws, the black scales all of it was visible. Astral then hugged Luna. "My names Astral its so good to finally meet someone of my own kind." Astral said rather passionately.
Astral
Astral
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next