Testing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Baldi's Editing Service
The Northern Lights. EmptyMon Nov 16, 2020 4:52 pm by Baldirak

» Takeo Takeuchi (Battletech Character)
The Northern Lights. EmptyThu Aug 13, 2020 6:48 pm by Baldirak

» Sangha Kaatapoh (Final Fantasy Character)
The Northern Lights. EmptyTue Mar 24, 2020 3:27 am by Baldirak

» Aurora Twilight (final fantasy character) WIP
The Northern Lights. EmptyTue Mar 24, 2020 1:08 am by Astral

» Tenebris Augustus Wyrmfire, the Viscount
The Northern Lights. EmptySun Oct 20, 2019 10:17 pm by Tenebris

» The city of Draconis
The Northern Lights. EmptySun Oct 20, 2019 9:06 pm by Tenebris

» Kage - Fallen Angel of Greed
The Northern Lights. EmptyMon Aug 12, 2019 1:48 am by Krest

» Things for Astral to do
The Northern Lights. EmptyThu May 30, 2019 2:32 pm by Baldirak

» Things for admins to do
The Northern Lights. EmptySun Apr 14, 2019 7:00 pm by Baldirak

Affiliates

Our Button:

RPG-D

Our Affiliates Button:

RPG-D
Color Guide

Green = Normal

Red = Rules or Site Information. Iota Races

Blue = Lore, official plots, or history making RP topics. Megalo Races

The Northern Lights.

4 posters

Go down

The Northern Lights. Empty The Northern Lights.

Post by Inuk Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:48 pm

The Northern Lights. XCANbMO

He did not expect the day of his fifteenth moon to pass so soon as it did. The morning started off well; his father and mother had sung a prayer for his future in front of the village. The rest of that, until the mid-noon was spent with one of his brothers, Tagaq. Tagaq went on and on about, 'the path', the path that all creatures and beings would walk towards their purpose in life. Some, were meant to be workers and warriors, while others were meant to be leaders, like himself and his father.

Inuk had made the stupid mistake of mentioning magic users, "What about the healers?" he questioned, "What about the sorcerers and magic makers? What about them?" Tagaq's face twisted into one of disgust, "What about them?" the older brother spat, "They are weak. They hold unto intangible, impossible things, while we focus on what is 'here'." Tagaq beat his hand against his chest, "Our strength."

"You are right, brother. I should not have questioned you." Inuk murmured.

"Why did you ask such a strange question, anyway? You sick, boy?" Inuk did not simply ask his question out of curiosity, instead, his quest for knowledge came from his own predicament. When he was just a small boy, he was gifted...no, cursed by Goddess-spirit named Sanna with his magic. He was dying after a sea-serpent swept in and killed his grandfather and drowned him, so, Sanna did the best she could and cursed him in the process. Now he can hear the spirits whisper at night and can understand the call of a crow, which is fine, especially for a hunter, but those gifts have come with the unfortunate side-effect of magic.

Which, in his eyes and the eyes of his people, was a handicap.

"Inuk." He was alerted by the sound of his name, "Yes, Tagaq? You think too deeply. Not a good thing for a future leader. You must think quick," his features softened into a grin, "Unless you think I'm good enough for this role!"

"Not even for all of the snow in Chioni!" Inuk chattered back and they quickly ran back to their homestead for a meal.

[THAT EVENING]

Inuk and his father were discussing what was to be done in the next few months.
"You know, son." the older man said,  "It would be nice if you tried your hand at joining me and your brothers to our raids. You have the makings of a great soldier as well as a leader."

"Dad. Do you think I'm really good enough to become chief? Or are you doing this because you think it'll make me braver?"

He walked some ways away from the campfire as he spoke with his father and wrapped his furs around him. His father was shocked, "How so? You are the youngest son, like tradition asks for. We need a young leader that is capable of surviving our wars and harsh terrain."

The boy chuckled humorlessly, clouds of cool air flew from his breath as his cheeks turned red.

"Father," Inuk looked down, "What if I had to leave? Or if I died? What then? What if I...what if I was afflicted with something that would only harm us? Would you let me stay, then?"

The two grew silent for a long time. Both saying nothing as they gazed out along the darkening horizon, "I, Atanarjuat, your father, named you 'Inuk' for a reason,"

His father's coal-black eyes looked deep within his brown ones and said, "You are not beast, but human. Some may say we are the weakest of this world. Because we fight with swords and our skill, rather than wings or scales or..."

"Divinity...and immortality," Inuk answered back, having heard this speech many times.

"So, you do remember? We humans have an advantage. We know how to survive. They are many others like us in this world. Normal people, like you and me, that does not make us superior. Don't ever think that. Instead, remember that what makes us different, can also be used to our advantage. Do you understand?"

"I do."

The older man smiled, the wrinkles in his face formed against his lips, "Well, I will be off, then. I expect you to follow me when it gets too dark. Sedna worries."

Inuk smirked at the mention of his mother, "I will be in bed, soon. I just...want to see the lights, again."

"Fine. But be in bed by the time the moon is high and the stars are aplenty."

"I understand."

[NOW]

'But... will they accept me in spite of my magic?' Inuk thought solemnly.

He stood there, eyes affixed to the patterns in the night sky. Bright, neon streaks of pinks, greens, yellows, and blues danced before him. Sensing the power above, his own hands began to glow a dull green. Sighing, he decided to make it a game of sorts. He drew light-figures of people and animals during their daily lives and plastered them against the skies, making them to appear to dance along the borealis.

Secretly, he prayed that no one would see him.
Inuk
Inuk

Back to top Go down

The Northern Lights. Empty Re: The Northern Lights.

Post by lord_escan Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:02 pm

Light.

Light.

Light...

The creature had been traveling for such a long time. It had almost forgotten the last place it had been. It might've been sunny and hot. Or was it wet and rainy? The billow-y cloak was not sure anymore. It couldn't feel, after all.

"Light." it said. "Light..."

It had been following these pretty lights in this sky. Underneath it, no feet but footprints buried into the snow.

"Light, I shall follow these lights." said Ammun, the hidden.

Further and further it went, until a reached an opening and saw a youth...painting the sky with pretty light images.

'How beautiful,' it thought. 'I should thank him.'

It walked further until it was face to face to the youth and introduced itself, "I am Ammun, the hidden. It is a pleasure to meet you and see your works. Who are you, so that I may thank you for this beauty in full?"

The cloak had no reason to be shy, after all, what was the point of being shy if you didn't have a body? So, it wanted to make a friend. "I have been walking for a long time. If you give me food, I will teach you magic and be in debt to you for the rest of my days."

Well, the last part was more of a lie, Ammun wasn't sure if it was even that old or immortal, but it wanted to thank the young man for such beautiful things.

There was so much beauty in this world.

lord_escan

Back to top Go down

Post by Astral Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:59 pm

Saphira was heading to Kryo but that meant braving the harsh cold. She was going there for the same reason she went anywhere. Saphira was looking for an interesting occupation. She heard the people at Kryo were violent and while she didn't like violence Saphira was getting desperate in her search. She figured it didn't hurt to go look.

As she made her way there she noticed lights in the sky. She knew it was concentrated magic that flowed freely in the air when conditions were right. This land was considered the most magical in all of Megalo and Saphira could see that was true. Then Saphira noticed someone manipulating the light. It was rather fascinating. Saphira could see doing something like that for money. Unfortunately she couldn't use any magic other than the mental magic she was born with. Saphira decided to seek out this person and by luck she did come across some people. "Excuse me but are one of you doing that to the lights?" She asked
Astral
Astral
Admin

https://tedranog.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Inuk Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:36 pm

"I have been walking for a long time. If you give me food, I will teach you magic and be in debt to you for the rest of my days."

What?

You can imagine that Inuk was startled. Why on Tedranog would a complete and total stranger try to make friends so soon? And in such an odd manner? For food? Just when he was about to speak, he heard another foreign voice.

How wonderful, a cloak that appeared to be floating in mid-air and a foreign woman.

Needless to say, Inuk was dumbstruck by the strangeness of it all. He cursed his magic.

"It was me," he said grimly, "...and the only way I would want to learn...this," He held up his hand, which was swirling with bright colors, "...is unless you agree to take me far, far, FAR away from my village. I refuse to learn such a thing near my own people."

He looked down, "My parents would be embarrassed..."
Inuk
Inuk

Back to top Go down

Post by lord_escan Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:56 pm

If the creature had a body, it would've immediately grovelled at the young man's feet. But for now, all it could apologize.

"I am sorry." said Ammun, "I did not know...my words would have effected you in this way."

Ammun floated towards the other person, "And I must apologize for not introducing myself, to you, as well. I am Ammun, the hidden. And I am currently trying to regain my body. I approached this young man in the hopes in that he would help me but I have only caused him grief."

The cloak performed a small bow and spoke again, "I am curious about you saying you want to leave your village?"

The young man seemed to be perfectly fine and well-groomed, so why would he want to leave his home if he was treated so well?

"How could your parents be so embarrassed of you if they take care of you so well?" asked the formless one. For a traveller the cloak seemed to be a bit ignorant of this place's customs.

"To be completely honest, I would love to take you away, as long as I get my body back...."

lord_escan

Back to top Go down

Post by Astral Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:40 pm

Saphira was rather surprised at the formless man which was a surprise in itself. Saphira saw all kinds of thing in Draconis but never anyone like this. The whole situation was rather unusual and she didn't know how to respond. "Uh hi my name is Saphira." She responded. "If you don't mind me asking where is it you two are going." Saphira asked. She could smell an adventure and wouldn't pass an opportunity to go on one.
Astral
Astral
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiningwater Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:58 pm

Luna leaned against a building-she wasn't sure what it was, and, to be honest, she didn't care. Her head was tilted towards the sky, interested in the dancing lights above her. She had never seen anything like it. Her green dragon eyes blinked from under her hood, and she looked towards their source.
She had walked for a while in their general direction, when she saw three figures. Two humans and a shapeless figure. One of the humans seemed to be controlling the lights, and the figure and other human seemed interested, and they were talking about something.
Luna watched from a distance, as it was her habit, curious to the group's intentions, but not showing it.
Shiningwater
Shiningwater

Back to top Go down

Post by Inuk Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:19 am

The youth sighed, rather deeply, in fact. Sarcasm must've been a lost art to the outside world. "Well, Ammun, Saphira. My name is Inuk." He dusted some snow from his furs and eyed the strangers, meticulously. "Son of Chief Atanarjuat. And a filthy magic user."

The words felt...bitter on his tongue. He was a magic user, weak, and sneaky. "An adventure," he thought about the foreign woman's words. He had internally debated whether or not he could leave his family for a time. That's when he remember the rites.

Usually, when a warrior was of age, around their early twenties or late teens, they would go on a quest that would last for a year. Some, survived in the wilderness, while others would venture out. "If I went with you..." he began, "It would only last for a year. I am a hunter. I can bring food and I can survive long journeys."

"But!" with his hand gestured forward, "It will be for one year. And afterwards, we shall split away from each other. Never to see or speak to each other, again."

"...and yes, you can teach me magic."
Inuk
Inuk

Back to top Go down

Post by lord_escan Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:35 am

"How wonderful! How grand!" The creature cried aloud, and swooped against the young male's form, like an affectionate pet, "I will teach you everything! And I will be forever in your debt if you aid me in regaining my body!"

It also embraced Saphira in the same manner. How happy it was! That it may regain its old body and memories within a year's time! What could it discover? Or learn? But for now, it seemed to focus on the thrill of the adventure.

lord_escan

Back to top Go down

Post by Astral Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:49 pm

Saphira was rather uncomfortable with the ghost mans actions. It was obvious he had no respect for personal space, but that wasn't too surprising considering it didn't have a body. Saphira assumed if it did it would be a male.

Nobody had given Saphira a very clear answer so she decided to just follow them until one said otherwise not that they were going anywhere at the moment but surly they would eventually.

Saphira did not receive any acknowledgment that they knew her name nor did she know any of their names. This seemed like a very strange meeting indeed.
Astral
Astral
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum