Testing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Baldi's Editing Service
Whom Against I Have Sinned, I EmptyMon Nov 16, 2020 4:52 pm by Baldirak

» Takeo Takeuchi (Battletech Character)
Whom Against I Have Sinned, I EmptyThu Aug 13, 2020 6:48 pm by Baldirak

» Sangha Kaatapoh (Final Fantasy Character)
Whom Against I Have Sinned, I EmptyTue Mar 24, 2020 3:27 am by Baldirak

» Aurora Twilight (final fantasy character) WIP
Whom Against I Have Sinned, I EmptyTue Mar 24, 2020 1:08 am by Astral

» Tenebris Augustus Wyrmfire, the Viscount
Whom Against I Have Sinned, I EmptySun Oct 20, 2019 10:17 pm by Tenebris

» The city of Draconis
Whom Against I Have Sinned, I EmptySun Oct 20, 2019 9:06 pm by Tenebris

» Kage - Fallen Angel of Greed
Whom Against I Have Sinned, I EmptyMon Aug 12, 2019 1:48 am by Krest

» Things for Astral to do
Whom Against I Have Sinned, I EmptyThu May 30, 2019 2:32 pm by Baldirak

» Things for admins to do
Whom Against I Have Sinned, I EmptySun Apr 14, 2019 7:00 pm by Baldirak

Affiliates

Our Button:

RPG-D

Our Affiliates Button:

RPG-D
Color Guide

Green = Normal

Red = Rules or Site Information. Iota Races

Blue = Lore, official plots, or history making RP topics. Megalo Races

Whom Against I Have Sinned, I

2 posters

Go down

Whom Against I Have Sinned, I Empty Whom Against I Have Sinned, I

Post by Alexander Meadows Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:09 am

Leaving the strange pair behind him, Alexander trudged forward into the depths of the wilderness of this strange land, already concluding that he had not arrived in the world at the same point he had left it. There constant smell of ash and fire did not exist in this area of the world, leaving Alexander to briefly consider that he was on an entirely different continent. Ironically, he wasn't aware that he had passed into a another world despite the strange appearance of the man he had met just hours before.

He still felt a bitterness within his heart. He had backed down too quickly by his own count. Both of them needed discipline. The weak girl who failed to control her own magic, and the Beastkin man who was too cowardly to fight somebody who was ready to stand up against him. Yes, he was bitter, but it was fading as he become ever more curious. He had studied many maps of his world in Aramayt, and while he didn't lay claim to a flawless memory he certainly did not find this forest to be the slightest bit familiar. Still, he attributed this to memory atrophy during his time bound to Tartarus.

Unbeknownst to Alexander he was heading for Draconis, the capitol city of Iota. Yet this was strange: there were utterly no signs of civilization just yet, which confounded the young warrior even more. Certainly there may have been small towns, or even roads between. At most he'd seen a few worn paths that seemed as though wagons had gone over them many times before. He felt uneasy about it, but he had read before about people who rejected technology in favor of simple living. He should not judge them for that, but still found the frequency of it odd.

Would their not be more towns? More people? Facts from his old world told him population density should be higher. These facts were no longer relevant to his situation, but he had yet to understand that. The night began to fall, and Alexander caught the chill of the moon. He had enough negativity stored inside his body to keep him fed for sometime, and had faith that he would encounter some sign of civilization before then. In the meantime, he would rest. It was one thing to travel in the daytime when he could see as well as any other creature, but at night his vision was limited. He would rest in the cave, and rest well.

Upon entering the cave and staring into its darkness, Alexander noted a strange, round shape in the back. It rested in the darkness, and that's when Alexander caught the crackling of lightning from its form. It was an egg; yellow and small. Strange that one would place such an item here, away from the warmth of the sun. Even so, Alexander approached it curiously, having not observed such a thing before. An egg that exuded lightning! How curious! He gently extended his metal hand to touch the shell, pondering on its composition. How mysterious... Alexander looked around, deciding that maybe he should take the egg with him.

He had reservations, of course. He would have to carry it in his arms, and if he needed to defend himself would find that difficult to do. If had something to carry it with this would be a different matter entirely. He looked to the cave exit, catching the dusk settling. Whatever this egg was, it had been left her for some time. The dust Alexander had stirred was layered thick, having not been touch for weeks it seemed. Alexander had a soft spot though for animals and creatures, possibly because of his past affiliations with them and could tell that the whatever laid the egg had been gone for some time.

He made up his mind: in the morning, when the sun had risen, Alexander would set off with the egg in his possession. He would try to find something to carry it in, and if he could not would just let it rest in his arms. Leaving the thing here was out of the question-- without warmth, it would certainly die wouldn't it? He would not let such a meaningless waste of life occur. Once more he attempted to place his hand upon the egg, and settled into the floor of the cave. When morning came, he would be traveling in a pair.

Morning came on the backs of nightmares, for the Dissident had not ever experienced a night of pleasant dreams. Horrible visions that his memory obscured on his waking were the reason behind his constant movement in his unconscious hours, and the reason why he had some signs of tears stained to his face. He was still dirty, much to his chagrin but had no way to bathe just yet. He looked a sight to be sure, his hair hung long and low in clumps and his eyes were hidden behind this wall of hair. In fact, most of his face was concealed by dirt in conjunction with his dangling mass, and as he sat up to acknowledge the morning he could smell rain. He was tempted to leave immediately with the egg in tow.

However, instinct told him better. Keeping the egg warm was the most important thing, and getting it wet would be bad. He grabbed for the egg and felt his metal arm tingle uncomfortably, probably relating to the electricity the egg emitted from itself periodically. Holding it close he once more ventured to the mouth of the cave and looked towards the sky, wondering about the ensuing storm. It must have come overnight, when the cold front he was feeling with the dusk came. He made out whips of lightning in the sky, followed by cracks of thunder resounding from the brilliant strokes of plasma. A fierce storm to be sure. A precise storm, as well.

From between the tops of the trees, it came to fast for Alexander to even react. The lightning strike crashed into his body and he felt himself consumed with unrelenting agony. It only last for a second, but it felt as though it lasted for hours. Alexander slumped over, his body wracked with pain from the lightning bolt. It would have killed a normal entity. A normal human, a creature, or the assorted normal beings would have died from such trauma. Alexander's heart had even stopped beating, but it remained intact-- enough to ensure his survival.

His heart resumed its beat, and his body began to heal the internal damage it had suffered. Alexander lost consciousness for just a few moments, but when he came too, he had managed to protect the egg. He sat it on the ground in front of him, and knelt with a sudden weakness in his knees. "That hurt..." He coughed a little, and looked at the egg. "At least you're not cooked..." he said joyfully, before uncertainly adding, "...are you?" As if to respond, the egg crackled with lightning again, but before he could reach out for it another bolt of lightning came crashing down from the sky onto the egg, catching Alexander off guard.

Last edited by Alexander Meadows on Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Alexander Meadows
Alexander Meadows

Back to top Go down

Whom Against I Have Sinned, I Empty Re: Whom Against I Have Sinned, I

Post by Astral Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:58 pm

The second lightning bolt came crashing down on the egg and unlike other dragons that hatched gradually the egg shell was blown to bits instantly revealing the yellow dragon that was inside. It had wings, a tail four legs, razor claws and teeth. If you didn't recognize it as a dragon you were blind. The dragon which was only a bit bigger than a squirrel looked upon its parent. Even though only a new born she was capable of complex thought but her instincts told her this was her parent. The hatchling jumped onto Alex's shoulder and rubbed up against his neck while purring.
Astral
Astral
Admin

https://tedranog.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Meadows Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:08 pm

Alexander experienced true fear as he thought the egg was utterly obliterated by the lightning strike, only to realize that he was right. The egg was destroyed and in its place a small, yellow dragon. Alexander was in awe. A dragon...? He had never thought such a thing to be real. He had only seen them in fairy-tales and read about them in stories, but this was clearly that which he had grown up believing a myth. It looked upon him with its large eyes, like a child would upon its parent.

Before Alexander could further process the events, the small dragon lept at him. He almost reacted on reflex, but controlled himself around the infant despite his uncertainty. It rubbed upon him and purred, and he reached his metal hand up to its body to pet the little creature. "You're a cute one," he stated with a gentle smile forming upon his face. He looked to the sky briefly, the clouds already starting to part. He rose from his knees to stand, the thing on his shoulder continuing to display its affection. Yet, he was still somewhat confused though he masked the feeling well. "A dragon, huh? I'll be..."

Alexander looked forward next, bringing his hand down from the small dragon as he spoke to it. "I guess I don't have to carry you any more," he said with a small laugh. His body was still aching from the lightning, but the small sensations of pain dissipated soon enough as he kept walking through the forest. He addressed the creature by talking to it, though he didn't expect it to reply. "Hmm... I think I shall need to name you... but are you a boy? Or a girl?" Questions like this raced through his mind concerning the creature, but he knew one thing for certain: it liked lightning.
Alexander Meadows
Alexander Meadows

Back to top Go down

Post by Astral Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:45 pm

The dragon purred louder as Alex petted her. She didn't understand a word the man said, but she would learn very fast. Never forgetting anything really help in the race to learn a language on her intellectual advantage would only speed it up. For know though she had no clue what he was saying, but the fact that he was talking seemed to comfort her despite already being comfortable. The dragon wrapped her body around half his neck and rested but continued purring.
Astral
Astral
Admin

https://tedranog.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down